MedEd Connections Resource Guide: Blind and Visually Impaired (B/VI)
What Questions Should I Ask About Service Delivery?
- Will my child be able to use his or her vision supports with peers and school professionals?
- What supplementary aids and services are available?
- Will the education setting reflect my child’s personal preferences and abilities, such as visual supports?
- How often will my child have time with a teacher of students with visual impairments (TVI), speech and language pathologist (SLP), or other related service providers?
- What are the transportation options?
- Will my child have the opportunity to see old friends, or to make new friends?
- What is my child’s academic level?
- Will the school nurse be able to administer my child’s medical needs?