After the Hearing Screening
After the Hearing Screening provides information on next steps after receiving hearing screening results either in the hospital or school setting.
- If My Newborn Does Not Pass a Hearing Screening in the Hospital, What Happens Next?
- What Can I Do if My Child Does Not Pass a Hearing Screening at School?
- My Child Passed the Hearing Screening, But I Still Suspect Deafness or Hearing Loss —Now What?
- What is the Difference Between a Screening and an Evaluation by an Audiologist?
- What Can I Expect at My Child’s First Audiology Appointment?
- What if My Child’s Audiologist Made a Diagnosis, but isn’t Certain About the Cause of My Child’s Hearing Status?
- How Can Genetic Testing/Counseling Help Me or My Child?
- What Are Common Causes of Deafness or Hearing Loss and What is a Hearing Condition?
Explore this table, that includes clickable resources, to learn about navigating the systems in Ohio designed to meet your child’s medical and educational needs. This is a step-by-step timeline of who is involved, what will happen, and the stages in the process.