MedEd Connections Resource Guide: Deaf and Hard of Hearing (D/HH)
After the Hearing Screening
After the Hearing Screening provides information on next steps after receiving hearing screening results either in the hospital or school setting. This section also includes information about potential options for next steps, different hearing testing procedures, and general information about causes of hearing loss.
- If My Newborn Does Not Pass a Hearing Screening in the Hospital, What Happens Next?
- What Can I Do if My Child Does Not Pass a Hearing Screening at School?
- My Child Passed the Hearing Screening, But I Still Suspect Deafness or Hearing Loss —Now What?
- What Is the Difference Between a Hearing Screening and an Evaluation by an Audiologist?
- What Can I Expect at My Child’s First Audiology Appointment?
- What if My Child’s Audiologist Made a Diagnosis, but isn’t Certain About the Cause of My Child’s Hearing Status?
- How Can Genetic Testing/Counseling Help Me or My Child?
- What Are Common Causes of Deafness or Hearing Loss?