Ask Abbey: Engaging Learners Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing Through Music, Art, and Gym (Full Series)
This multi-part learning series is designed to provide practical, easy-to-use strategies on how to include learners who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing (D/HH) in gym, art, and music. Also incorporated are considerations to ensure each learner is safe, engaged, and challenged.
- Identify three strategies to create safety during physical activities.
- Name at least two strategies to improve communication and inclusion during physical activities.
- Name two considerations when conducting activities outdoors.
- Name three strategies for communication during art activities.
- Identify safety considerations related to hearing assistive technology.
- Describe seating and lighting considerations for the creative learning environment.
- Identify factors that impact use of assistive listening devices on how music sounds.
- Name two musicians/singers who are deaf/hard of hearing.
- Describe how to design or adapt common music moments within the school for greater accessibility.
Various organizations have approved modules and webinars in the Learning Hub for continuing education credit.